OKAY, GUYS!! IT’S TIME FOR MY SECOND ANNUAL TUMBLR SECRET SANTA!!!
Guys. Last year I ran a Tumblr Secret Santa, and if I do say so myself, it went pretty well. Well enough that I’ve been receiving numerous messages about bringing it back!!!
SO! Here are the rules:
- Reblog this post. This is pretty much just because if you don’t, there won’t be a very big pool of people to draw from.
- Message me your name (that you want to get mail to) and your mailing address. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE A PART OF THE SECRET SANTA. Message link HERE.
- Optional: Add your biggest fandom to the message. Do this by putting the actual subject of the fandom (for instance, Supernatural instead of Hunters, Hunger Games instead of Tributes, so on and so forth). This will help you pair up with someone specific to your fandom. Totally not mandatory.
Secret Santa submissions will be closed on November 30th and assignments will be sent out on December 9th.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure your Ask is open so that I can send you your assignment. It will make my life so much easier.
Things to keep in mind:
- Try not to spend more than $10 on a gift. If you want to, that’s fine, but a lot of people won’t be able to afford anything really expensive. Don’t expect something that costs a lot of money, and try not to make people bad or wrong for making their own gifts or sending something cheap.
- It’s really shitty for you to sign up to do this and then not. Especially if the person who got you sends you something. You should really send them something back. It’s just rude not to.
- You probably shouldn’t reveal yourself to the person you’re assigned to beforehand, but that’s totally up to you. You’ll receive that person’s url, name, and mailing address, so you will be able to figure out a good gift for them based on their blog. You can reveal yourself if you want, at any point along the way.
- The person you’re assigned to won’t have been assigned to you. You’ll have someone different sending you a gift than the person you’re sending a gift to.
ALRIGHT!!! I think that’s it. MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!!!!!!
Hey- I am so so thankful to the people who have submitted their participation so far. In order to make this REALLY successful and awesome for everyone involved, I’m really going to need signal boosts. The deadline is in FOUR days, and as of right now there are about 25 people involved. I’m COMMITTED that there be at LEAST 100.
It occurred to me that this might seem like a ploy to gain followers, or to get peoples’ information, or to do something else less than awesome. It really isn’t. What this is is that last year I did this thing, and this year people asked me to do it again. I actually am not even on the list. I don’t get anything for doing this except the knowledge that I created relationships that didn’t exist before, and connection within our community. And that is SUCH an amazing feeling.
So PLEASE- get involved!!! Reblog this post, send me your information, and commit to forging connection between all of us. Who knows- the person you get might be your future best friend and pen pal. I have no clue what you might get out of this. But you won’t know unless you try.
Happy holidays, guys. I love you so much. You’re fabulous, and great, and deserve a really amazing gift from someone who totally gets you.
GUYS. ONE MORE DAY. SPREAD THIS SHIT LIKE WILDFIRE.
Anonymous asked: so if i send something how do i now it went on the tumblr page
As it it got made into a Fact? You’d have to check back later and see. If you submitted it using your URL, we’ll credit you in the caption.
Wow, guys!! Muffy, Adina, and I just spent an HOUR going through our backlog of submissions and things are looking really awesome!!
We also talked about/implemented a few ideas which are definitely going to make running the Rules/Facts blogs go SO much more smoothly and help get posts out on a much more regular basis!!
I am so excited, guys!!
So as you guys probably know (especially if you also follow obeytherules) that I’ve been on hiatus for a really long and unplanned amount of time. I am so sorry about that!!
Thank you so much to the 3,000+ of you who stayed- I really appreciate your support.
Like I said on Rules, I am excited to be returning to update both the Rules and Facts blogs!! And a huge shout out to my lovely assistants Mufficus and Adina for being awesome and hopping back on board so fast.
Love you all!
Anonymous asked: Just to let you know (well the person who submitted it really because it's not up to you to fact check), the fact about Mikey and Spinelli from Recess being Janice and Damien in Mean Girls is incorrect. They are all four separate actors.
haha, that wasn’t the meaning of the post. they meant that we all have come to accept that the Mikey and Spinelli characters are very similar to the Janice and Damien characters.